21 February, 2010

1950's blue polished cotton frock

I bought this very cute blue 'atomic' polished cotton frock from the lovely Nicole at Circa in Fitroy (Melbourne) a few months ago. I had to shed a few pounds to fit into it properly (!) but my many hours of Body Jam (that's a dance aerobics workout for those not in 'the know!) and breathless laps of the 50 metre pool paid off. I am actually only a size 8-10 in 'normal' clothes, but as you will all know, that means nothing in the vintage world where clothes are tiny!


It is a very wearable dress - because it is cotton it breathes beautifully - perfect for a summer's day. I also love the colour - with my pale colouring and hint of red in my hair (which is not natural I should confess!) a deep blue is very flattering.

Dress: Circa Vintage, Gertrude St, Fitzroy $165 (in mint condition)
Gloves: Op shop/thrifted (Salvos Oakleigh I think) $3
Bag: Ebay $80 (lucite clasp)
Shoes: from Myer a few years ago, on sale for about $80 from memory (Myer has great shoe sales)(just be prepared for lousy service!)
Earrings: white vintage flower clip ons from Clara Fox Vintage, Brunswick St, Fitzroy (only $10!)

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the dress, and I agree about the blue colour :)

    ReplyDelete