11 July, 2010

Baking day - Cinnameg Cupcakes

Today my daughter and I had fun making 'Cinnameg cupcakes' - cupcakes with sultanas, cinnamon and nutmeg (they are actually called 'Spicy Cupcakes' but I like 'Cinnameg' better!)


I am a fairly strict 50's style mother in many respects (I am vintage in more ways than one!). I try to encourage my children to entertain themselves and to make things from scratch - one lovely thing to do together is to bake.

This cupcake recipe comes from a fantastic book I got from a mail order company when I was about 9 years old. It is directed at children, but in fact the recipes are great to make for everyone. It has great traditional things like scones and pikelets.  The recipes are very simple to follow as you can see . .


And they turned out perfectly . . . (well, perfect as I ever get things!)


Yum!

Vintage Suburbia taste testing (excuse my make-up less face!)

If you would like to make these cupcakes, I have put the recipe below.
Happy Baking!

Recipe for 'Spicy' Cinnameg Cupcakes

Ingredients:
125 g butter
1 egg
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup milk
1 cup sultanas

Method:
1. Turn oven to 190 degrees Celsius (375 F). Set out 18 paper patty trays in muffin tins.
2. Beat butter, eg and brown sugar until smooth.
3. Sift flour, soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg into a separate bowl.
4. Stir in half the flour mixture and milk into the butter mixture.
5. Fold, then stir in rest of flour mixture and sultanas.
6. Spoon into muffin/cupcake tins.
7. Bake for 15 minutes.

Eat up - yum!

3 comments:

  1. Oh that looks like an easy recipe - I might just try it :-D

    Here is the link to that Mad Men costume analysis I was talking about on Saturday:

    http://projectrungay.blogspot.com/search/label/Mad%20Men?updated-max=2010-05-16T14%3A54%3A00-04%3A00&max-results=15

    A few hours of entertainment :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these look delicious! What a neato cookbook! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, cute! The cook book looks great :)

    ReplyDelete