26 August, 2012

A French dinner in vintage pink

A few weeks ago, my hubby and I treated ourselves to a night out in Grenoble 'sans enfants' (no children!). We don't go out for dinner much as I am a pretty good cook and, for the most part, I enjoy cooking for the family. It is also pretty expensive to hire a babysitter and pay for a meal and we try to save our money for holidays.


Here I am in one of my favourite 1950's pink dresses (also featured in this earlier post). Some pink gloves and earrings a deep pink pashmina set off the outfit. I picked up 5-6 pashminas of varying colours on a trip years ago to Turkey - they were very cheap and they come in so handy, particularly when you are dining outside like this and there is a little chill in the air.

Here is my hubby enjoying his beer . . .


Which he is just about to choke on as I have obviously said something hilarious and he is trying not to laugh  
. . . (!). That's what being on a night out without your children and not having to cook does to you. Fabulous!

 

 The restaurant we went to is right in the centre of the 'old town of Grenoble. And as you can see it is beautiful . . . 




I really love France - the people and countryside, food and wine are so beautiful. The only thing they don't do is vintage clothing - which is weird. There are absolutely no vintage clothing shops in Grenoble and only a relatively small number in Paris (and of those, they only have expensive 80s Chanel and not much else). But that is why etsy was invented - yay!

I hope you enjoyed that little look into French life and architecture. Stay tuned for a look at another meal out in a typical French brasserie next week!





4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous outfit! It looks like you had a lovely evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about the legendary flea markets? I have only ever heard about them, not yet had the opportunity to visit. Maybe next year...

    You are clearly enjoying France and it is great to read about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tres Chic!!!! I am loving all your travel adventures and extremely jealous of your relocation to France. ..thanks for sharing it all with us. xx Shauna

    ReplyDelete